Friday, September 30, 2005

Another one down

It was a beautiful evening last night.
Too bad I wasted it running.
 
6.5 miles, home to 34th and back.  (yea, I know I said "always 1 step farther", but it was dark and I had dinner waiting.)
 
"split" times:
Home to 43rd:  18:00
43rd to tracks:  15:00 (33:00)
Tracks to 34th:   5:00 (38:00)
34th to tracks:   5:00 (43:00)
Tracks to 43rd:  16:00 (59:00)
43rd to home:  23:00 (1:22:40)
 
Serious knee pain right around the mid point, but I was able to keep the splits pretty close.  I lost 1 minute on the way to 43rd, and 5 more on the way home, so it was bothering me.  I think it's just the muscle fatigue that I'm pretty familiar with.  We'll have to see how it feels on this evening's short run.
If I stick to my schedule I'll hit 20 miles sometime Saturday morning or evening.  If I stick to my schedule.
 
 
One last thing...
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE WHO RUN/RIDE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PATH?!?!  This is America.  We function on the right side of the road.  Stay the hell out of everyone's way.
And yes, lady, your little kid on his bike with the training wheels who is looking right at me running right at him, then walking right at him, then standing perfectly still, then calling to him to watch where he's going and ride on the right side of the path, is a stupid little brat who doesn't have sense enough to be riding a bike, especially without a helmet.
When I was a kid I'd have been pushed down and my dad would have checked me for cuts then said "Serves you right for riding against traffic.  Bet you won't do it again."
He'd been right, except I was smart enough to never do it in the first place.  Don't say "he's just a kid."  Stupid kids grow up to be stupid grownups, who raise stupid kids.    (I know he'd say that because when a firecracker went off in my hand when I was 10 I went running inside for comfort and got...  "serves you right for not throwing it fast enough.  Bet you won't do it again.  Have a cookie."  He was right, it never happened again.  I'm a fast learner.)

Oh yea, we still haven't gotten that statement from Regions Bank, but at least they haven't called again.  We were apparently the subject of a "meeting" that a couple of days ago.  I've only just begun to fight.  Tonight I make 9 calls just to bug the crap out of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vica said...

Funny. I hope your knee is better. ;)
http://vicabuzz.multiply.com

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home