Monday, October 03, 2005

I just don't care... that's bad, right?

Luke's Locker 20k in a little less than 2 weeks.
I should be worried that the longest run I've done is only 8 miles, right?
I should be worried about this nagging pain in my left knee, right?
I should be worried that I'm having trouble maintaining a pace of under 13:00/mile, right?
I should know better based on last year's results, right?
 
It worries me that I'm not worried about all this stuff.
 
I know I can do a half marathon...  I know I can do 20k.  I did that last January with very, very little training...  probably about as much as I've already done. 
However, last year I was aiming for a full, and I failed.  Why can't I get out there and run?  I don't like to fail.  Failure sucks.  Sucks big time.  It stings.  It's a bitter, bitter, hateful pill.
 
I also know I'm running out of time.  Tick tock...  tick tock...  tick tock...  Playing catch up is hard to do when you're fat, slow, and out of shape like me.  I can barely play keep up, how am I going to catch up?
I'm going to have to kick it in gear, and kick it in soon, otherwise I'll fail before I even begin.
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Vica said...

Well, I've lost weight, and I always wanted to run, but I never attempted to start... Guess we're in a similar situation. Maybe I'll start running to support you, what do you say? ;)

12:34 PM  
Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

Thanks for the support. I know I'm not in this alone... big community ready to cheer me along the route. Too bad they won't carry me across the finish.

2:21 PM  
Blogger WalkSports.com said...

Joe,

Join the Striders next Sunday at Terry Hershey Park at 7:00 a.m. and do a 10K or 20K.

This is for the folks that are volunteering for the 20K the following Sunday; however, all of our club members are welcomed to come out as well as whoever shows up.

Come out, have some fun with us and get back on track!

Jon

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home