Thursday, September 11, 2008

My humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps

Yup, that’s an actual lyric from an actual silly, insipid song.

 

Or, at least, that’s what I thought when it first came out.

 

You see, the only reason to listen to that song, I thought, was for the video.  Fergie is hot.  Yea, a little skanky, but sometimes that’s a little hot (so sue me, I’m a guy).  Haven’t listened to the song in over a year, though, mostly because the video dropped off the radar in favor of some other trashy skankiness.

 

Flash forward to earlier this week…  There are a few Black Eyed Peas songs that I dig and decided to grab for my Ipod.  While in I-Tunes I remember my humps, then think to myself “isn’t that a song?”, so I go and find Fergie’s “My Humps” (and she does have some lovely lady lumps).  I listen to the song sans video and guess what, it’s actually a funny little silly song.  Sure, it’s still silly and insipid, but it weaves a cute little story and has a fun little beat.  After all, all she wants to do dance and move her humps, her humps, her humps, her lovely lady lumps.  Plus, Fergie isn’t just hot, she’s got a helluva voice. 

 

I still don’t think she’s much of a song writer (even a blind squirrel blah blah), but there are plenty of folks who can write songs.  All she needs to do is sing them.  And she doesn’t even need to do that well as long as she’s hot.

 

So, there you go.  That’s my guilty pleasure of the day.  I dig Fergie’s humps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home