Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Day 2 Addendum

I was reminded that I left out some details of the elevator incident... then I remembered a couple more.

Not only did I run into co-workers riding up the one floor in the elevator, they picked me up to ride my one floor, then rode back down before going to work. I stepped down to the lazy train, but they stepped down, grabbed a ticket, and gave the conductor directions on where the train should go. But in all fairness, I'm the one "training" for the marathon.

Also, after informing my loving co-workers of my intent take revenge on my body for admirably completing yet another feat of endurance (the MS150), they offered such healthy fare as soybean burgers and veggie burgers. But no, I held fast to my resolve and bypassed the healthy food, bypassed the healthy stairs, and stuffed 1/2 lb of steaming meat into my body. Mm Mm good.

But in all seriousness, I am not just running a marathon in order to earn the right to ride an elevator or stuff my gut with bacon. I'm doing it so that 1 more child in Harris County will know without a doubt that there is someone who will stand up for them. So that 1 more child will know that heroes still walk... and sometime run... on this big blue marble of ours.
Go check out Child Advocates' web site and nagigate your way to the netdonor page. www.childadvocates.org. You can also go to the marathon page, but the fine folks at the marathon will take an administrative fee out of your donation and contributing directly bypasses that fee.
Thanks for your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home