Friday, September 02, 2005

Damn Ducks

Fully intended to run last night, until I remembered the Coogs played at 6:00pm and not 7:00pm.  So, I got home and watched the game.
I should have run.
The Coogs melted in the 3rd quarter after an impressive first half.  Only saw what I consider to be a major coaching error 1 time--Art Briles went for the end zone on 4th down from the 8 instead of taking the chip shot field goal.  The Ducks made the stop then marched up the field for a field goal of their own--a 6 point swing.  Those 6 may not have made much of a difference in a game we lost by 14, but it was a momentum killer at the end of the first half.  Instead of going into the locker room up 24-17, we go in 21-20.  It may have mattered.  Maybe not.  They looked pretty wiped out at the end of the game.  Depth, depth, depth.
 
So, I went to bed fully intending to run this morning.  Got my shorts out, shoes, socks, fuel belt, stop watch, everything all set.  Then didn't run.  I just flaked.  If I bonk tomorrow, so be it.  I'm going to try and get in a workout this evening.  The schedule had a 35 minute "tempo" run of just an easy stroll.  That's about 3 to 3.5 miles for me at an easy pace.  Maybe I'll get that in this afternoon.  Maybe not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiggs said...

uh oh!! you're gonna be hurtin' if you don't get those runs in!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home