Friday, August 26, 2005

Another great workout

Continuous, incremental progress.  That's what they call it.  Last week I swam 800m for the first time and it was a big deal.  Last night I busted out 800m in 10 minutes less time and I was FAR less winded at the end of it all.  This week it wasn't quite so big a deal.  I guess that's why training for a marathon is a several month process, not a several week process.  At first, the marathon is a BIG DEAL.  But with each progressive week, it's less and less of a big deal, until eventually it's just the next thing to do. 
I mean, really, running 26.2 miles is just like walking to the mailbox after work.  You know, no big deal.  Just something to do on a Sunday.
Alright, now that my delusion is over I'll snap back to reality.  This weekend is 8 miles. September 5 marks about 100 days to the marathon.  At that point I'll start really pumping the miles and speed work (interval sprints, etc).
This is going to be hard, without a doubt.  But by the end of this, I'll be harder (and hopefully a lot leaner, too).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home