Monday, September 19, 2005

shattered

I woke up Saturday with an aching knee.  It's a familiar ache from over work--muscle fatigue.  I must have been sicker than I thought.
Add to that the fact that it was a late wake up--9:30--unheard of in my house.  The alarm went off, then ran for 2 hours, then timed out.  My lovely wife wasn't even stirred by its ranting.
I wobbled around in the late morning and early afternoon on legs that felt more like rubber than bone.  Also a familiar feeling.
 
 
I feel broken.
 
 
But I will pick up, go out, and run tonight.  I will plod through.  Not on my own strength....  certainly not because I want to...   absolutely not because it feels good.
 
Steve Prefontain said "Most people run a race to see who is fastest.  I run a race to see who has the most guts."
 
6 miles tonight.  All night, if I have to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vica said...

It's a French movie. The title in English is "A very long engagement", pretty good movie. If you feel like watching it. ;)

1:19 PM  
Blogger WalkSports.com said...

Don't hurt yourself. Injuries suck recovering from ... I let myself put a few pounds on that is really beginning to affect my running some.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home