Sunday, September 11, 2005

Photographic proof

I now have photographic proof that I actually run here.
Saturday I grudgingly dragged myself out of bed--twice--to head to the Woodlands and participate in the Run the Woodlands #137. I finished #47 out of 82 with a time of 30:26. I don't know the splits, because I didn't carry anything with me except my sunglasses. It was a good run... well, as good as runs get. I really miss riding my bike. Only 4 more months of running to go.

Sunday was a day of rest. Monday starts my first ever 20 mile week. I head out for a 6 mile run when I get home from work, Tuesday is the day off, Wednesday and Thursday will be 6 and 3 miles, or 3 and 6 miles, then Friday is rest day and Saturday is another 6 miles. That adds up to 21 miles according to my fingers and toes (I used one thumb twice).

If I get ambitious I'll make Wednesday and Thursday 6 and 9 miles.

I know I had intended to get on some kind of plan that included speed work, but I really, really hate speed work. It'll take awhile before I get around to running interval sprints. Yuck.

1 Comments:

Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

Dude, I've seen you without a shirt. People in glass houses and all that.
And as you can clearly see, I'm 100% accurate when I say I'm just a fat guy running a marathon, not really a "marathon runner".

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home