Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Party in the park

Went, stood, left.  I already signed up for the marathon and my charity of choice...  Child Advocates...  so there was no real reason for me to go to the marathon kick off party.  The short time I did spend there, though, got me fired up enough to set my alarm for 5:00am and plan on getting up and getting in a morning run.  Carolyn says "Why don't you run in the morning?"  Because I like to sleep.  But I figured I'd take a stab at it since I wasn't going to get a Monday run in.
 
Well, I didn't run, but I did discover a new low of dodging a workout.
 
I woke up at 5:04 to the sound of my wife's alarm clock, looked at my alarm clock, said to myself "my alarm didn't go off, that'll do", and I promptly went back to sleep.  5 minutes later I actually reached over and reset my clock to go off at 6:00, flipped the little on/off switch from on (the clock was actually properly set, I'm taking the lack of going off as a sign from God that I was allowed to not run this morning) to off and back to on, and woke up at 6:00. 
 
My clock's old.  It went to college with me.  Sometimes it sleeps in.
 
In all fairness I am having wicked bad stomach cramps--still.  I almost didn't even bother coming to work. 
I'm going to try and get in at least 30 minutes this evening.  A sense of urgency is settling in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home