Thursday, September 08, 2005

YEA! TAKE THAT!

Ok, so I finally got off the couch and ran last night.  It was a good run.  Really.  I even ignored a perfectly good excuse not to run.  When I was changing I discovered I had left my shirt at home.  "Can't run, don't have a shirt" was the first thought that came to mind.  I have no business running without a shirt.  I'm not that good a runner.  Excuses be damned, I went and ran anyway.  As far as I know nobody lost their lunch at the sight.
 
There was a little issue around mile 2.5 with a side cramp, but other than that it was a good run.  I discovered the HARRA mile markers on the Memorial Loop.  I've noticed them before, but always ran to the east along Memorial rather than the west along Memorial so they never really made sense and I never really saw them all.  But yesterday I not only saw them, but I used them to track my times.
 
Total time:  29:58
Mile 1:   9:50
Mile 2:   9:40
Mile 3:  10:18
 
Like I said, a little issue with cramping around mile 2.5.  HOWEVER, at the very end I kicked it up to stay under 30 minutes.  And to top it all off, when I crossed my start/finish line under the 30 minute mark, I was heard to say "Yea!  Take that b****!"  That got a couple of stares, but I'm ok with that.
I like running Memorial Park.  It's packed with really beautiful scenery through the whole route.  Oh, the park is pretty, too.
 
Houston FIT is running 10 miles this weekend.  I'm doing the Run the Woodlands 5k and maybe another 5k later in the morning/early evening.  I may even throw in another bike ride.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiggs said...

you sound like me- i forgot my shirt but ran anyway. i was really self conscious the whole time though. I *did* have on a sports bra though! LOL!

4:44 PM  
Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

Hhmm... should I run in a sports bra? Would that get me out on the roads? Nope, probably not.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home