Saturday, December 10, 2005

30k, primed and ready

Ran the RTW.  28:56, see the recap here.  What you won't read is that I got beat by a girl.  In fact, I got beat by 2 girls--Cassie and Jessica.  But that's ok.  They rock all the same.
 
It's not my best run (like I said, I got beat by a girl), but it was the best run on this course.  I felt remarkably good.  There were a couple of physical issues, but I think they stemmed from not running in the last week or so.  Other than that I felt pretty good.
 
I've finally committed to running the 30k tomorrow.  My bib number is 1076.  It's my first official "number" to be assigned outside of the marathon.  It feels a little creepy.
 
Also in the "creepy" file, I'm organizing the Houston Bloggers Pasta party.  I'm organizing a running thing.  Weird.  I'm thinking Spaghetti Warehouse.  Centrally inconvenient for everyone.
 
That's about it for today.  I met pretty much everyone on my blogroll.  You guys rock in print and you guys rock in person. 
 
I'm sitting here with my "running packet" in front of me.  It looks weird.  It's not quite a rider's packet, even though it looks pretty similar.  There's just something about it...  I think I'm sliding over to the dark side.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bezner said...

Do under estimate the power of the dark side Joe. Soon you will learn to love running just at your predecssors...

(yeah, I'm weired)

RunSteve

6:36 PM  
Blogger WalkSports.com said...

Dark side? Hmmm .. yes, it will be dark in the morning when you pick up that chip, take a deep breath of the cool, crisp Sugar Land air and, after the sun comes up, do three 4.2-mile loops of Palm Royale Drive!

Ahhh! 5 HRBers running it - Steve, you, me, Jen and Holden.

Should be fun!

Jon

9:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was going to pick up on the "dark side" thread and run with it but it seems like it's already been done.

Nice meeting you this weekend.
Keith.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Tiggs said...

oooh beat my a girl gets to ya huh. shouldn't have told me that.....


spaghetti warehouse is perfect for me! woot!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home