Thursday, December 01, 2005

Jon's Reader participation thing

I shot these off to Jon, I guess I could post them here, too.

 

1.) What your top 10 events were in 2005 and this may be a combination of how you performed as well as how the event was managed (use whatever scoring system you would to rate these!),

 

I haven’t run 10 events in 2005.  In fact, I don’t think I’ve run 10 organized events ever.  Top 10 running outings were:

  • 6 miles with Houston Fit when I yakked on the bike afterwards.
  • First ever 13.5 mile training run.
  • First ever 8 mile training run.
  • First ever 11.5 mile training run (at 9:30 a mile at that!).
  • The 3 mile training run when I ran a 8:16 first mile.
  • The 3 mile training run when I ran a 8:24 last mile.
  • The first Houston Fit training run of the year back in July when I found that point of motivation buried in the despair of utter defeat from the 2005 marathon.
  • The only RTW I participated in…  actually, that’s the only organized run I’ve participated in.
  • I guess the next RTW I participate in will rock…  it’ll prove I’m a real person.
  • The 30k on the next day should be pretty cool, too, if I live through it.

I leave the marathon off only because despite completing 16.5 miles, it was not what I consider a high point in my running life.  It was a goal left unfinished, therefore a failure.  I don’t like failure.

 

2.) What one person - or more than one, if necessary - inspired you to achieve more this year or to perservere or endure more as a runner and

 

My sister.  There was an accident last year and she’s been in rehab all of this year and there’s a long way to go still.  As she soldiers on with her rehab it inspires me, but also as I soldier on through training despite every fiber in my body telling me not to, it might equally inspire her.

And then there’s all the folks in the Blogosphere whose running highlights lead me to say “I want some of that”.

 

3.) What are some of your goals for 2006.

 

  • Run the marathon (and finish).
  • Participate in a triathlon.
  • Ride 2000 miles on my bike (cumulative).
  • Celebrate New Year’s Eve.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiggs said...

i can't wait to meet you Joe!!! Great goals for '06!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

lol, i like the new years eve goal!
-jessica

11:59 AM  
Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

For as long as I can remember, my most frequently recurring new year's resolution was to celebrate the next new year's eve. Keeping that resolution means I made it through 1 more year, 1 day at a time.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home