Monday, December 05, 2005

Running tomorrow and a PSA

This weekend was scheduled to be a running weekend, but I skipped all my workouts.  At least I’m sticking to a pattern.

I’ll be running tomorrow AM (or PM if I can squeeze in a run between work and bible study.  Howabout that, I’m looking into squeezing in a run between things rather than just taking the 30 minutes of free time…  you folks might be making a runner out of me after all.  The goal for tomorrow’s run: 30 minutes, fast.  I’m going to work in some sprints and try and build some more strength.  Maybe it’ll even wake me up in the morning.

 

I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this before, but I’ll say it now if it hasn’t been said already.

 

Listen people.  Get this straight.  Don’t forget it.  Tell your friends, ask them to remind you, write it on a sticky note and staple it to your forehead.

 

PEOPLE GET OFF ELEVATORS HALF OF THE TIME!  For every person who gets on an elevator, someone gets off.  That’s the way they work.

 

Quit assuming that the elevator showed up just for you.  Wait for people on the elevator to get off before you go barging into a stream of people trying to get off those boxes.  They’re not your personal limousine service.  Your name isn’t on the door.  It’s a very real possibility that someone (or several someones) are trying to get off the elevator—ESPECIALLY IF IT’S STOPPING ON THE FIRST FLOOR!!!!  What makes you think it’s coming just for you?  Are you special?  Did you manage to wrangle a “personal elevator rider pass” that ensures a single elevator follows you from floor to floor and building to building so that you would expect everyone in a building to not ride an elevator just so you can?  Or better still, you expect the folks already on the elevator (who clearly were mistaken in their presumption that it was a public access elevator) to wait patiently as you get on, go to where you’re going, then get off, and then ride back to wherever they were going with the hopes that another PERP rider doesn’t get on?  What, are you stupid, or just plain inconsiderate?

 

I can handle the 1 floor elevator jumpers.  In office buildings that’s usually a little more convenient than taking the fire escape up or down a floor.  The 5 floor walk-up rule doesn’t necessarily apply in high heels or business attire.  But the next time I stop on a floor and someone tries to get on the elevator before I get off without even looking up to see if there are other people daring to populate the planet, I’m seriously going to knock that someone down.  The way I see it, it’s really the right thing to do rather than let people muddle through life being stupid or inconsiderate.

 

I mean, if you saw someone standing on a railroad tracks and tackled them off before a train hit them that would be nicer than letting the train hit them, right?  So, I figure if someone is being stupid or inconsiderate, it’s the kind and compassionate thing to do to slap them and help them to realize they’re being stupid or inconsiderate.  Otherwise you’re just enabling their idiotic behavior.

 

This has been a public service announcement from a guy who hasn’t had enough coffee to get his Monday going yet.

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home