Saturday, January 14, 2006

Adventures at the expo

Before I get to the fun bit from the Expo, riddle me this.
What self respecting distance/endurance runner pays $7 to park across the street from the Expo when there are plenty of parking spots that cost less than $.50 within 1/2 mile from the front door?  I mean, really.  Tomorrow you're going to be running at least 3 miles and you can't hike 2 blocks to the front door?  2 BLOCKS?!?  Really now.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

But enough of that already.
Today at the Expo I earned my boy scout credits.
I'm heading out the door and see something odd.  A half pint little blonde cutie heading in the other direction without an attached full pint person.
I figure we're about 5 seconds from a full blown "I CAN'T FIND MY MOMMY" meltdown, so I follow her for 4.5 seconds until she emerges from the crowd, kneel down next to her right at the point of combustion and ask her if her mommy's lost and if she'd like me to help her mommy become found.
 
Meltdown avoided.
 
We headed down to the activity stage where I explained to the fellow with the microphone that me and Korina had a lost mommy.  He looked at me, looked at the 4 year old girl standing next to me, looked back at me with a puzzled look, and I further explained that the little girl was found so it was her mommy who was clearly lost.
 
Mommy comes down, family reunited, everyone lives happily ever after.
 
 
I got my chip.  The packet distribution girls were thoroughly perplexed when I asked if there was any ranch dip for the chip.
There wasn't.  Figures.
 
After the expo I drove a portion of the route--the portion that was the source of my demise last year.  That hill doesn't look so big this year.
 
I am so pumped.
 
24 hours from now I'll be sitting at Denny's finishing breakfast wearing my medal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiggs said...

you're gonna be a great daddy :)

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home