Thursday, January 12, 2006

Annoyed

One of the most annoying phrases in the world is “you paid too much for that”.  There’s two reasons that’s annoying:

  1. You have no idea how much is “too much” for me to pay.  It may have been more than you’re willing to pay, but unless you’re willing to shop on my behalf for equal or better quality and equal or lower prices, then keep your unhelpful opinion to yourself.  The basic laws of economics say that if I paid for something, then the price was set at the precise point where my desire to posses said object overwhelmed my desire to hold on to my money—ostensibly to use for some other function be it save, give, or otherwise spend.
  2. People spend all damn day complaining about crappy service or shoddy workmanship or just plain unreliability of just about everything they own.  “My phone always drops coverage at ‘X’.  My car is a piece of crap.  This food sucks.  Service here is horrible.  My apartment is too small.  My neighborhood is a disaster.”  Yea, right, and I paid too much.  Maybe, just maybe, I could be wrong here, but maybe you paid too little and that’s why you’re always complaining about the crap you bought.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! Bravo! I agree completely, and I am happy that you said it and not me.
P.S. You paud too much for your house! HA HA

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home