Tuesday, August 08, 2006

August 12

Ok, August 12 has been circled on my calendar for weeks.  Seriously.

Before last Monday I was genuinely considering running this weekend and even running after a PR for the 5k.

Then came the baby who is the most perfect little fellow you’d ever meet (except for all the peeing, but that’ll pass).  Last week I didn’t run a lick, unless you consider tending to my lovely babymama “running”.

 

So, I’ve been thinking about it over the past couple of days and I thought to my self “Self” I says to my self “Self”, I says, “Get out to the park and run 3 miles and see how the pegs are holding up”.  My self considered this for awhile and eventually conceded the notion of stretching out the old pegs to see what their status is.

 

Of course, there are extenuating circumstances such as 4:00am feedings (and 2:00am, 12:00am, 10:00pm, 6:00am… sigh), there’s the nutrition factor, and there’s the general fitness factor.  Light eating and light sleep can combine for a wicked illness if you don’t stay on top of that stuff.  But then again I did ride an MS150 with an upper respiratory infection (twice), so we’ll just have to see how things shake out.

 

One cool side effect of this whole baby thing is that I’ve actually lost close to 6 pounds since last Friday.  And the lbs keep dropping off.  Go figure.  Ironically enough, due to the whacked out sleep schedule I’ve been laying off the coffee except for at work because I have to sleep when I get the chance and can’t really afford to be up when I get the opportunity to be down.  My hunch is that the reduced sugar intake has had a significant effect on the old spare tire.  That hypothesis will be tested now that I’m suffering through 3-cup-days at the office.

 

The first part of the decision will hinge on today’s run.  If it goes well the decision will be to run Saturday if everything else falls into place.  I may even go public with the results of the run… depends on how evil I’m feeling (BWAHAHAHAHA!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I definitely think the run will go well for you. Sure hope it does 'cause it would be good to see you on the 12th.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home