Thursday, June 28, 2007

Murphy, Texas and Dateline

Honestly I’m a little surprised to find out that a DA in Texas is refusing to prosecute Dateline’s “To Catch a Predator” pervs.

I mean, if there’s any place in the whole world where there would be a “hang ‘em high and ask if they dunnit later” attitude it’s here in the great state of by Gawd Texas!

 

But then again I also had my reservations as to whether or not the whole Dateline “sting” was particularly legal or fair and the fact that a DA finally stood up and said “wait just a cotton-pickin’ minute” and that DA is from Texas gives me a little bit of pride.  Apparently not everyone in the state is so quick to rush to judgment and ascared of everything.

 

“I don’t even let my kids play in the front yard any more because a predator may come and snatch them.”

 

Yea, I feel sorry for your kids.  And my hunch is that you’re less concerned about their safety and more likely just afraid.

 

Now look, don’t get me wrong.  Predators and sex criminals should be thrown in jail and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law—even the pretty female ones.  But I think there is a distinct difference between a perfectly well adjusted fellow who otherwise made a mistake in an hour of desperation and someone who preys on children.  There is no good reason to demolish a guy’s life because he needs help.  There is plenty of good reason to demolish a guy’s life because he’s lurking around playgrounds with the specific intent and purpose of snatching a young little twink for his own perverted uses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home