Friday, September 12, 2008

A couple of quick things...

We’ve initiated a “Family News Brownout” in order to preserve sanity.

A couple of quick observations:

First, the sign language chick for the City of Houston and surrounding counties is pretty hot.  I don’t have the slightest idea what she’s saying, cause I’m not deaf, but the way she says it is pretty fun to look at.  Oddly enough, if I was deaf I wouldn’t know what ANYONE was saying because I don’t know sign language, either.  Might as well be blind, too.

 

Second, poetry must be completely lost on the deaf.  What rhymes with “slap your hand on your elbow and wiggle your fingers”?  Or, “put your thumbs together and make a circle?”  Nothing rhymes with that.  Nothing at all.  Poetry for the deaf must be a lot more like performance art and actual literature.  I might enjoy seeing that.

2 Comments:

Blogger WalkSports.com said...

Laura Whitley on Channel 13 isn't too bad herself.

6:54 PM  
Blogger K said...

you need to drink some more!

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home