Friday, September 19, 2008

A few quick things

1.The financial crisis must be a big deal…  Congress is going to work on a weekend!!

 

2.”Internet Hobos” are the cutest little things.  Go to a mall, or Starbucks, and you’ll see gaggles of people huddled around power outlets or power strips with their blackberries and computers and phones charging them up, sending their little text messages, and checking their mail and stuff.  Aren’t they so cute?  They’re not talking, they’re not being social in any way, but they’re sitting 2 feet from fellow hobos and sending messages to complete strangers across the universe.  They’re the cutest little things EVER!

 

3. Joe Biden is a complete idiot.  The more I think about him saying paying higher taxes is the patriotic thing to do the more pissed off I get.  So, should only the rich be patriotic?  It betrays a deeper conviction that the government should take my money and give it away because I can’t be trusted to do responsible and socially appropriate things with my money.  On days like today I hope Obama and Biden are kept far, far away from the white house.

 

4. I was listening to Dennis Miller last night (the best thing on the radio, as near as I can tell) and a caller asked the question:  “A lot has been said about what happens if McCain is elected and he dies in office with regards to Palin’s experience.  Shouldn’t the question be asked ‘what happens if Obama is elected and Biden dies in office?’  Who will run the country for HIM?”  I think that’s a perfectly fair question.

 

Still no power.  Still not miserable.

My horrid neighbor, however, runs her damn generator ALL FREAKING NIGHT LONG!!!  Sounds like a damn lawn mower outside my bedroom window.  Some people are clearly just awful people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home