Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dog pile on brother joe

First, no, I haven’t run at all lately.  Yes, I want to.  No, I don’t want to THAT much…  otherwise I would have lately.  I did get out and get some vigorous exercise in over the last weekend and it helped clear some cobwebs, but that’s as close as I’ve come to actual running.

 

The LW wants another dog.  I don’t.  Our dog seems a little jealous and needy lately because we haven’t really been paying a lot of attention to him and we have been spending time and attention on the LM.  She thinks getting him a dog will help because they can go play with each other and we won’t have to be the playmates all the time.  I think getting him a dog will double our vet bills and food bills.

 

Sigh.

 

We’re probably going to be getting a new dog.

 

The Cougar Fund is a limited liability company which manages a portion of the University of Houston endowment.  The fund is managed by 16 students, selected each year from the MBA program, who review companies and make allocation decisions in 4 segments of the portfolio.  The program runs from fall through the summer.  Upon completion you get a certificate in financial management certificate to go with your MBA.  I graduate in spring 2010.  If I were to get selected for the program, I would be forced to graduate in August 2010.  Do I want to ride the range for an additional 3 months?  I don’t know.  Will it provide enough value to me to warrant riding the range for an additional 3 months?  I don’t know.

 

We need carpet.


We need to refinance the house.

 

We need to plan our spring planting.

 

I have 2 papers and 2 presentations due in 3 weeks.

 

I need a drainage solution in my back yard.

 

I need a new gate.

 

I need to plug a hole that my stupid dog has decided to install in my other gate.

 

Thanksgiving is coming up.

 

A very important congregational meeting is coming up at church.

 

Dear God I feel like a grownup.

 

Nonetheless, life is still very, very irie.  I wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

I have learned how to play “You are my sunshine” and the theme to Underdog on my guitar, though.  That’s pretty cool.

 

And I bought the old Guns ‘n Roses CD on i-tunes…  that’s pretty cool.  Can’t wait for their new joint to hit the market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home