Sunday, January 15, 2006

Done.

That's it.  I finished.
 
I am Jack.
I am Dianna.
I am Luther.
I am Don.
I am Gina.
I am Kelly.
I am Stephen.
I am the Fisher clan.
I am the one everyone on the course was screaming for and who everyone put out signs for.
I was a Kenyan.
 
I crossed the line in 5:35 and change.
Now I can "retire".
 
Mad props to the HRBers.  You guys rock.  Straight up rock, no question about it.
Thanks to Jon who ran with me from 24 to 25.
Everyone I saw on the course--you were a huge boost.
And then there was my lovely wife who was a straight up angel with the banannas and cliff bars and goo just when I needed them the most.  FREAKIN' AWESOME!
 
Special congratulations to Michelle who was running her first marathon and I paced off of for about a mile and a half in the first couple of miles on Allen Parkway.
Special thanks to Fat Elvis who I saw somewhere before mile 9 and the first thought that went through my head was "I can't let that guy stay in front of me."
Special thanks also to Monica's crazy-huge cheering section.  She was in the general vacinity of me for just about the last 16 miles and as they cheered for her, I thought to myself "I'm Monica."
I stopped for a well needed potty break and lost track of her for 5 miles near the end, but found her in my sights, then caught her between 25 and 26.  After I passed Monica, she charged up and caught back up to me, then faltered a bit.  I looked over my shoulder and said "I've paced you for 16 miles and spent the last mile and a half catching you.  You're not quitting on me now."  She said "I'm going to puke" and I replied "You puke after you cross the finish line.  It's allowed over there.  Don't you quit on me."  She finished strong--but I beat her.
 
That's the cliff's notes version of the recap.  I'll tell more later.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great work, Joe.
Sell the bike.

Rock on.
Keith.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hoooooooooray Joe! You did it! Now doesn't that feel AWESOME?

9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great job Joe. Never a doubt.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Steve Bezner said...

Bravo! Bravo!

You did it! Congrats!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Tiggs said...

Joe- WAY TO GO!!! You're a ROCKSTAR!
I really wanted to see you finish yesterday, but we had to leave so Manny coupld go to work. I'm so proud of you and I am really glad we got to meet through our blogs and HRB RC! On to the bike!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home