Monday, January 16, 2006

One last note before I shut my mouth for a few days

I'm trying to make sure I cover all my bases.
It occurs to me that I never mentioned the adventure of getting to the marathon.
All the "runners" set their alarms for 4, or stayed in hotels, or woke up before the alarm and bounded out of bed.
Not me.
I woke up at 5 with my alarm.  Hit the snooze.
Reluctantly dragged myself out of bed 9 minutes later.
Gathered my stuff up.  Ate some bread and peanut butter and drank some milk (you drank what?  yes, milk.).
At a quarter to 6 I didn't leave the house yet.
At 8 till my phone rang--it was the guy I was supposed to pick up 7 minutes ago.
At 5 till I finally left the house.
2 minutes later I'm at my friend's house and heading to GRB.
We arrive at 20 after or so and part company.
I go to the HRB banner, but everyone (no suprise) is gone since you're all runners and have already been there for an hour.
I finish getting dressed, check my bag, bump into Jess and Jen, and head for the portacans.
After completing my morning "process" I head out.
About 100 yards from the chutes, the gun sounds, then I have to start searching for an entrance to the corals.
There's a worker who has propped open one of the chutes, so I slip in and ...  we're off!
 
That's probably the funniest adventure of the whole run.

2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

LOL! I remember checking your shoes to make sure you were wearing your chip! :)

2:47 AM  
Blogger WalkSports.com said...

As I re-read the post, I was thinking exactly what Jen posted!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home