Friday, January 20, 2006

Photos

Check it out.
Photographic proof that I'm a big fat fatty who ran a marathon.
They even got a couple of photos from the crampy, laboring miles.
 
This is me hollerin' something at someone in Memorial park.  That's proof in and of itself that I was cranking along pretty well.  If I'm goofing around, I'm in a pretty damn good mood.  I don't generally talk much when I run anyway (imagine that, me shutting my yap), but when things are going bad I don't open my yap at all.
This is me actually somewhat kind of smiling.
This looks like it was the tail end of Allen Parkway.  Hang loose.
This shot was taken right at the moment a cramp set in.  I remember this point vividly because I thought to myself "damnit, there's a camera right there, too."  Looks pleasant, don't it?
And of couse, this is victory.  I was number 4884 to cross the line after 5:30:58 on the chip, and I won.  See how much more energy it looks 2 folks behind me?  Despite the cramping and my assertations to the contrary when Jon was running with me, I still had a little something left in the tank.  I have to admit it, it was pretty sweet.
 
Tomorrow, if the weather holds, I ride.  I can't wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiggs said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 2 finisher photos. Wow!! Serious, those are great pictures. You convey everything I felt when I finished my first marathon. I knwo how you felt and it was great!!! You did it!!!! AWESOME!!!!

1:57 PM  
Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

If you watch the video you can hear it, too.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home