Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Triathlon and MS150 update

Ok, first the MS150 stuff.
I'm working out the finer points of "Team Breda" for the MS150.  The basics are this:
My brother and I were going to ride the BP ride together.  We haven't done this ride together since my first MS150 back in 2003.  In 2004 he and his wife had just given me a beautiful neice (ok, she's his daughter, but she's my neice, too) and he had to skip out.  2005 was the "Year of the Cap".  This year he got caught by the cap, too.
But he's still offering support.  Which is cool.
So, the tentative arrangement is a truck going there and meeting me (us) at the overnight in LaGrange.  The tents will be set up, beds made, and if we'll be pointed in whatever direction we need to be pointed.  Likewise, the next morning we'll have a hand tearing everything down and assistance with whatever before shoving off.  The truck (and trailer, if necessary) will then meet us in Austin with some kind of chow to throw, our gear, and whatnot.  From there you do as you wish.  That way you can avoid the big crowds of people--and there are big crowds of people.
It's like a real bike team.
If you're interested, let me know.  We have a big ass cabin tent that'll easily sleep a small village plus a second tent that can sleep a slightly smaller village.  We can pool some cash and procure ammenities as we desire.
The alternative is arriving in LaGrange whenever, then finding your gear, then finding a tent pad, then setting everything up, then cleaning up, then finding food, then getting about 30 minutes of sleep before it's time to get up and take off.  It's so much nicer to have folks waiting for you.
 
Triathlon stuff...
I'm going to have to find a pool.  There are so many tris in the spring that I'm just going to have to skip if I can't get into a pool.  I think I'll enter into negotiations with the local YMCA to let me swim at the heated pool on Stella Link even though my membership is up here at the Heights location.  Maybe I'll upgrade the membership.  We'll see.
 
Running stuff...
Guess who's planning to be in the Woodlands this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiggs said...

ditto the pool. I need to join the Y. I am just too cheap to pay for a membership!!! I think I am going to have to do it though.

coming to the woodlands even if it rains, right. RIGHT?? hehehehe

MS150 Team Breda- I'm already on a team. The newbie that I am I signed up way early. Plus I'll be so slow you guys would get there light years ahead of me anyway!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home