Monday, March 27, 2006

This is why I don't gamble.

4

2

11

1

 

No, I didn’t have Villanova going to the championship.  No, I didn’t have Villanova winning the prize.

I’m pretty sure nobody who didn’t graduate from Villanova or who was particularly sober had ‘Nova picked to win it all.  I’m not even willing to say they’ll get out of the Final 4—I’m done predicting.

Certainly nobody who deserves to be driving had George Freakin Mason in their Final 4, and if they did I want my oxygen back because you’re not putting it to good use.

 

Wow.  What a tournament.

 

Like I said, you can either put money on this, or expect the favorites to win and be pleasantly surprised when they don’t.  No hair pulling, no fretting about where rent money will come from this month.  It’s just pure enjoyment.

 

It was almost an exciting enough basketball weekend to cover up the sad bad (but not unexpected) news about Mr. Bagwell’s status going into the ’06 season.  I wasn’t really expecting him to break camp with the team, but I’m glad he got his chance to do so.  Cutting him off at the knees (or the shoulder) would have been a travesty and only pushed him to attempt a comeback with another team just to spite Uncle Drayton.  Now it’s time for those two to sit down and have a dinner and clear the air.  Mr. Bagwell is to great of an asset for the Astros to part company with him on bad terms.  Besides, what would a bar and grill in the Ballpark at Union Station be without both Bagwell AND Biggio hosting?  It just wouldn’t be right.  Do the right thing, gentlemen, be grownups.

2 Comments:

Blogger equarles said...

#3 seed Florida beat Villanova yesterday.

8:44 PM  
Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

Everything's falling apart. I can't even read straight anymore.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home