Saturday, March 18, 2006

No Tour de Houston

My wife just got back from a week in San Fran.  I slept in this morning.  I made her promise to kick me out tomorrow so that I can get in some miles.  I may even hit a few organized rides in the next couple of weeks.
 
Saw this article: 
"How to Plan a Cross Country Bike Trip
WASHINGTON - The best way to start a cross-country bicycle trip is to pretend you're not doing it."
 
Funny, that's how I trained for the marathon.  But the advice is pretty sound.  Folks say "you're riding a what where?  That's like...  um..." and I chime in "187 miles.  The rides in May and October are shorter, though."  But the secret is that it's only 16 rides of 10 to 15 miles each with one immediately following the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home