Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Something to ponder

Lifted weights.  Shoulder’s sore.  Ouch.

I hate treadmills.  I hate stationary bikes.  I like rowing machines, though… might be because there’s no outdoor place to replicate the machine actions, unlike with a treadmill or bike.

 

Now for the “something to ponder”…

If “You make me want to be a better man” is the most romantic line in movies (and it is), then what is the reciprocal sentiment from the fairer sex?

Here’s a hint:  It’s not “time for dinner” or “do me”.  Yes, men want food and sex (not necessarily in that order) and not much else, but we can get those anywhere from anyone.  What sentiment changes the desire for “food and sex” to “food and sex with you”?

In the statement “you make me want to be a better man” is packed hundreds of layers of complexity.  You make me want to provide security to you; to nurture you; to protect you; to comfort you; to appreciate you…  to do all the things a man does (and I mean “man” as in character, not genetics).  You make me want to do these things and more.  You make me want to be a better man.

 

So, what’s the reciprocal?  Enough already with what women want.  What do men want?

 

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ah, the eternal question. You're a guy -- you tell us what you want!

1:27 PM  
Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

That would be cheating... that is, telling you would be cheating, not "guys want cheating".

6:09 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

"Here honey, you can control the remote."
"Are you sure the 60" plasma is big enough?"
"I would love to go with you to see Die Hard 28."
"Honey, you should get yourself a Corvette."

9:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

"It's ok, we can talk about where this relationship is going AFTER the football game is over." ;)

11:10 AM  
Blogger Tiggs said...

i'm not even gonna comment, but Jill's aSarah's are LOL!

5:42 PM  
Blogger equarles said...

I think I'm in love with Jill. shh...don't tell Donna.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home