Thursday, April 13, 2006

2 funny stories

No, still not my favorite (and only) triathlon story, but 2 other funny stories.

 

1.

I’m riding in Memorial Park a couple of weeks back and see some folks on bikes and some folks running along side them.  Sure, that’s all normal and well.  The odd part is that the folks running are TETHERED to the bikes.  Ok, I hate running, but I don’t hate it so much that I’ll tie someone to my bike and drag them around Memorial Park.  I put in my 30 miles and finally ask one of the tandems “so, which one of you lost the bet?”  They look back at me with a puzzled look and then tell me “we’re training for adventure racing.”  Apparently it’s part of HoustonFit…   www.adventurefit.com or something like that.  I haven’t looked into it yet.  It might be fun, but not if I have to be tethered to some crazy on a bike.

 

2.

My brother and fam are moving to Colorado (guess what that means:  www.goforthegorge.org).  They’re packing stuff up and getting things ready to put the house on the market.  On their kitchen table is sitting a devotional candle they picked up in Santa Fe during their wedding/honeymoon that has a picture of the traditional Roman Catholic Jesus with the heart and crown and all that stuff.  My sweet 2 year old niece (and Goddaughter) points at the candle and says “what’s that”.  My sister-in-law says “it’s a candle.”  And, since it’s Easter time and all, adds “do you know who that is?”  My niece nods, my SIL inquires, and my niece promptly responds “Mike”.  The picture on the candle is of “Mike”.  Ahh, children.

So, this Easter weekend, be sure to remember all that, um, “Mike” did for you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started to write out a funny comment to the "Mike" comment, but I couldn't do it w/o taking the Lord's name in vain. And my mom would fly to my house specifically to wash my mouth out with soap if I did that. It's just as much of a sin that I thought it though, so I should just write it. But I can't.

I was driving the kids home the other day and we passed a cute little convertible Mini Cooper (I love those cars; so very impractical). So I said "oh look at that Mini Cooper". To which my 2-year old yelled out "Mini Pooper!"

We've seen, oh, a gazillion Mini Poopers since then of course. His older sister points every single one out to him now.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

You just gotta love kids!!

I read about "go for the gorge" somewhere. Was it here? Anyway, looks like it would be fun and very beautiful. My step-sis lives in Castle Rock, CO.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro
Sorry, i haven't been able to read anything for about two weeks so i'm catching up.

First thought: Aren't kids so cute (as long as they go home with someone else)? I'm going to miss that little one.

Second thought: Do you think that insurance companies sell stupid insurance yet? It would allow all those stupid people to come outside again.
I can see it now... I stapled my hand to my forehead. How much is that worth?

11:23 PM  
Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

I will straight up give you $50 if you staple your hand to your forehead.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sounds cool. Maybe on Sunday.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home