Thursday, May 11, 2006

Run update

3 miles.
31:48.4
1.  10:07
2.  10:31
3.  11:10
Ave: 10:36
 
Good grouping of the time.  I'm a little annoyed that I got progressively slower.
I'm less annoyed that after I passed a certain runner early in the first mile this runner blew by me shortly after the mile marker and I just couldn't hang.  Most everyone else I passed in the first mile stayed good and behind me, but not this runner.  And then I started the slow fade.  That bugged me.  But for the 1/4 mile or so that I came close to hanging there was hope (and far worse places to be on the trail), but alas, it wasn't to be.  I faded.  Then faded some more.
All in all it was a FAR better run than last week.  I feel a lot better now than I did after last week's run.  One of the goals will be to actually finish with the same time that I start with.  The slow second miles annoy me, but if I can rally in the last mile to match or beat the first one I can deal with the slow middle mile.  If I'm ever going to chase down the 25 minute 5k I'll have to get that middle mile under control, but I suspect that'll come with time.
 
In summay, the run sucked less, but it still sucked.
 
I took a swing past the YMCA to see if the pool was open.  Mega bonus:  it's open Tuesday, Thursday, and on the weekend.  So, I can start my swimming immediately with a run and swim on Thursdays and maybe Tuesdays, but Tuesdays are notoriously bad workout days for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Woodlands Runner said...

What's up with all the running? Sun stroke?

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home