Thursday, October 05, 2006

Run number 2, sucky, but not as sucky

Ok, run number 2 was another 4 miles.  Not as bad as Monday's run, but that's like saying getting hit by a Volkswagon is not as bad as getting hit by a Ford.
I ran a solid 1.5 miles before slowing down and taking a walk.  The last mile was just about a solid run, too.  I had to slow down for close to .1 mile in the middle.  I'm getting close to my benchmark.
4 miles.
Mile 1 (Public Enemy, Fear of a Black Planet):  9:58.75--solid running.
Mile 2 (PE, FoaBP):  12:18.50 -- first 1/2 ran, walk/run second half.
Mile 3 (PE, FoaBP):  15:44.71 -- Lots of walking on this one.  I was getting tired.
Mile 4 (Kid Rock, Cocky):  10:39.50 -- Helluva rally at the end.  If I hadn't broken down near the midway point I may have broken 10:00 on the final mile.  Plus, right at the begining, I tasted my first endorphine rush of the season.  Yum.  Yum, yum, yum.
 
Tomorrow is Friday and I'll probably take an off day or maybe run a short run.  We shall see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Mmmmm endorphines. Gotta love 'em! I find I get the best rush from a nice bit of aggressive music like the Chemical Brothers or something. It gives me a bit of energy long after the enthusiasm has left!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not as sucky is good!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home