Monday, October 02, 2006

Suck suck suck

Not 3, but 4 miles.
All 4 sucked royally. I figured I'd pick up the miles right off the bat so that I can make up some time.

And I rode 45 miles JUST 2 DAYS AGO without any serious problems. I rode 2 days ago for the first time since April. I rode just fine 2 days ago and couldn't run 2 freakin' miles today without walking!
Suck.

Total time 50:52.51
Mile 1 (Kid Rock, Rebel Without a Cause) 9:59.83
Mile 2 (KR) 12:30.52
Mile 3 (Pat Green, Cannonball) 14:27.11
Mile 4 (Beastie Boys, Anthology) 13:55.05

Nothing about this was good. I have a headache. My legs are tired. I'm still sweating. And I'm SOOOOOOOO thirsty.
Yuck.
I'm also going to have to work on a "running mix" from my jams. That part is going to be fun. I'm not sure if I'm going to bring the jams on the big run, though.

Also, despite the fact that vegans generally annoy the crap out of me, they make pretty good cookies.
The clubhouse at Memorial has "food" (things you can eat, but they're all protein this and carbo-that, so it's not exactly food but it at least rates as "food" much like you can eat cereal or the cardboard box it comes in, but neither constitute food, per se, but should only be classified as "food") and after the run I really really really wanted something sweet to eat.

Like a KitKat, or Reses Peanut Butter Cup, or a vat of IceCream.

The only thing they had that approximated food that I had a hankerin' for were these vegan cookies, so I said to myself "what the hell, cows are vegans, I eat cows, so this can't be all that bad for me." I ate a vegan cookie and it actually tasted like food. Interesting. I guess that makes up for all the cows and chickens I insist on having slaughtered so that I can eat like normal people. Watch out, animal kingdom, I've cleansed my conscience and I'm going to be coming back with a vengance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home