Tuesday, March 27, 2007

BACK IN THE SADDLE, BABY!!!

Before the rib injury I went out and rode 12 miles at an average of 13.5 mph.
Since getting back on the bike Friday, I've gone the same route at 14.7 mph and hit Memorial park for almost 14 miles at 15.8 mph.
 
I'm back, baby.  And I'm lovin' it!!!!
I feel physically good for the first time in weeks--no, months.
In 2004, on March 26, I rode 16.4 miles at 15.6 mph.  That year the MS150 was on April 17th.  I don't feel like I've lost narry a step.
 
Of course, in 2004 I had already gone 303 miles.  All of them on a mountain bike.  And I tallied 450 total leading up to the big days.
This year I'll tally maybe 250 miles...  starting from 3 days ago.  It's going to be a long, tough, haul, but I'm pretty sure I can pull it off.
 
No worries.  I'll be rocking the training nomad style...  "In tent city"  (intensity, get it?).
The plan is for bust out 12 to 15 miles 2 or 3 times a week, with a long ride of 20 to 30 miles on the weekend.  The week before "Ride Week" will be 4 days in the park, minimum, and 50 miles on the weekend, minimum.
That's 220 miles or so, in 3 weeks.
 
I didn't run 200 miles in 6 months when training for the marathon.  Oh how I hate running.
 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hitting Columbus this weekend with the Sprockets on Saturday. Feel like coming out? It may feel a little early to get your hill legs since you're just getting legs, period, but you'll need 'em at some point. Lemme know.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home