Monday, May 21, 2007

Pride Houston

My lovely female wife (or at least someone with a name very close to hers) and I, her lovely male husband, received a letter from “Pride Houston”, the organization the sponsors the annual gay parade here in town.

We were given the opportunity to be a “Friend, with benefits!”

 

For those of you who don’t know, a “friend with benefits” is someone you have no particular amorous feelings for, but have sex with occasionally.  You know, a friend with benefits.

 

Not that there’s anything wrong with that… I was a college student once, too.

 

But at the not-for-profit organization I worked at (and at several LEGIT non-profits I have friends at) they would be appalled at the notion of sending out a direct mailer that included a double entendre of becoming a casual sex partner.

I know the invitation wasn’t to be a casual sex partner, but I also know what the double entendre means, and I’m 100% certain the fine folks who sent this out do as well.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger WalkSports.com said...

But they did get you to think about it (their pitch) long enough to actually comment about it.

In essence, it worked.

They would enjoy wild success ... and benefits if you responded with money.

So if you paid for something and really didn't get too much value out of it, wouldn't that make it .... we're stretching things, I guess, huh? lol

6:21 PM  
Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

If I could REALLY get a "friend with benefits" out of it, I'd send them cash.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home