Monday, August 11, 2008

THE PLAN

Ok, by my calendar I have effectively 4 weeks, including tonight, to train for The Stef.

 

This is how I’m going to do it:

 

August 11, 18, 25;  swim, bike.  Swimming will either after I come home from work, then I’ll ride my bike home from there.  The exception is the 25th, because classes start that day.  I’ll have to swim after class (9:00pm, yuck), then get in a ride either on a stationary at the rec. center or the next afternoon at the house.

September 1 is labor day and my anniversary.  I’m not sure what the workout schedule will be for that day.  Well…  I’m pretty sure what ONE workout will be…  teeheehee…

 

August 13, 20, 27;  swim, bike again.  Swimming is my weak set, and biking is my strong set.  The more time I get in the water, the better I’ll be.  Plus, if I can learn to recover ON the bike, then I’ll be in good shape for the run, which I hate to do.

 

August 15, 22, 29;  bike, run.  A light bike with the missus after work to get the little munchkin out of the house, and my butt up off the couch, then a little harder run after the sun goes down, maybe.  I’m thinking 1 or 2 miles.

 

August 16, 30:  Run, swim.  A run early, possibly with the missus on a bike with the munchkin following behind.  Maybe 2 or 3 miles, just enough to get the blood flowing.  Then later that morning or afternoon a good, long swim.  The weekend of the 23rd conspicuously falls on the 4th weekend of the month.  Hhmm..

 

September 1 – 5 is tapering week.  I’m almost certainly going to swim on Labor Day, as I have that day off from work AND school.  Maybe I’ll do a mini-tri just to prove that I can make the switch.  I’m thinking I’m not going to attempt to prove anything that week.  If I’m not physically able to do it by the 2nd, I’m not going to physically be able to do it 5 days later.

 

Diet will also have to change.  This could be a good thing for me all around.

 

Swim-miles conversion factor:  I’m going to count every 4 laps in the pool at the Y (200m) as the equivalent of running 2 miles.  Yes, I know 200m does NOT equal 2 miles…  the metric conversion is something like 18 stones or some stupid crap like that.  But if an hour on the bike equal 6 miles running, then 200m in the pool can equal 2 miles as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home