Monday, August 11, 2008

The Stef

K, I’m in.

September 7, 2008, I’m completing my first triathlon.

 

2 caveats, though:  my shoulder is unusually gimpy today and my ankle is hurting for some odd reason.  I don’t know what either of those two things mean, but they’re real, honest to goodness concerns about my ability to do this thing.

 

All the same, my lovely wife (and chief advisor) doesn’t know it yet, but I’m in.  (We’re still “discussing” whether or not it’s a good idea.  I know right now it’s not a good idea.  It’s a very foolish thing that I’m trying to do.  I have several priorities that should take precedence.  All the same, I haven’t stopped thinking about it.)

 

So, while we’re “discussing” whether or not this foolish thing is a good idea, I’m going swimming tonight so that I can prove to her that I can not only do this thing, but I’ll survive it quite handily.  Good idea or not, she’s worried about my health and well being and physical ability to complete this thing and not get hurt.

 

All I want to do is see the look on her face as I’m crossing that finish line.  One thing I’ve learned over the years about my lovely wife, when I do foolish things like a marathon or MS150, she gets this little glimmer in her eye that says “that’s my man”.

Damn right, baby.  That’s your man.

I think that’s why I do these foolish things.  Not because chicks dig it, but because one particular chick digs it.

Scars heal, glory lasts forever, and my girl loves her man.  Damn right.

 

 

In other news, cutting the roots of a stump is HARD DAMN WORK!!  More on that later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe it the excuses are already starting. This week it is a bad shoulder and ankle, next week it will be a knee and hip. Love you brother, but you can't start the excuses already. Hope you have fun though and conquer another mountian...

-later

5:18 PM  
Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

For the record, I can (and will, and have) use any and all excuses I can come up with.
For example, I can wake up too early, roll over for 5 minutes, then decide it's too late to work out. Yes, I can use undersleep AND oversleep simultaneously as an excuse not to work out.
I can even feel TOO GOOD to work out. That's right, I sure can.
Pay attention and I'll prove it.

6:30 PM  
Blogger K said...

I am dang proud of you!!!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home