Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A quick note about "tolerance"

I find it terrifically ironic that those illustrious proponents of “tolerance” are up in arms over our President-elect having the audacity to select a (gasp) Christian evangelical minister to offer the invocation prayer at the inaugural ceremonies.  How DARE he pray to Jesus (even though it hasn’t happened yet)?!?!

 

I guess people are free to agree to disagree, just so long that when you disagree with them they still get their way, and you don’t think, say, or do anything disagreeable to them.

 

I don’t want to jinx it, but the P-e is running this transition remarkably well.  I hope this is a foretaste of what the next 4 years is going to be like.  I mentioned to my lovely wife that he seems to be running a transition that is putting him in a great position for re-election.  I’m quite impressed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody is upset at Warren's pick because he prays to Jesus. We're upset with the pick because he was a strong supporter of Proposition 8 in California. Just wanting to clarify.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home