Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yea, that was a run

Ok, so I finally got out and ran.

 

My chrono is dead, so I went nude.  Just me and the pavement out there.

 

I took my usual 1 mile loop and managed to run it non-stop—a feat I was barely able to accomplish at any point last year.  Odd, I feel like I’m in the worst shape of my life, and yet I was able to run a fairly decent, pain free mile.

 

Saturday will be the RTW, assuming nothing horrid happens between now and then.

 

Or, knowing me, even something mildly unexpected.

 

I did notice that my stride length tends to shorten up if I’m not paying close attention.  I’ll start chopping my stride and taking these little baby steps while I’m running.  When I notice I consciously start to lengthen my stride and guess what happens…  YUP!  My pace picks up, my breathing gets more measured, and I think my heart race drops ever so slightly.  Those things add up to a marginally easier (albeit still unpleasant) run.

 

Rodeo Run is on February 28, I think.  Registration gets more expensive after the 7th.  We shall see what the week brings and I’ll decide on that one later.

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

My daughter has her last volleyball game Sat. Morning. I won't be at RTW, but I hope you can get there!

April 1 is open registration for Houston. Are you thinking of it??

Congrats on the run!

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home