Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Marathon decision

The decision on the marathon is likely to be a “no”.  Logistically it’s very, very unlikely I’ll be able to even be in Houston at the time of the starting gun.  Although, if I’m to be completely honest, I must admit that I wasn’t exactly in the starting gates in 2006 when the gun went off, either.

Nonetheless, I’m looking at another, bigger race.  The Texas Independence Relay in March goes 203 miles across the State of Texas from Gonzales (where the first shots of the Texas Revolution took place) to LaPorte (near where the last shots took place).  It’s an event that caught my attention when it started a couple of years ago, but at this point I’m finally in a position where I can actually take part.  I’m thinking this might be doable.


Meanwhile, the summer heat is brutalizing the garden.  Expansion plans are on hold until I can muster up the will to get out there in the broiling sun.  This past weekend we cleared a couple of sections of the garden in preparation for the late summer/early fall plantings.  We’re going to have a LOT of beans over the fall.  Should be able to fill the larder to the brim, if everything goes well.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home