Friday, November 20, 2009

Not sure yet

I like the idea of closing the Guantanamo Bay detention facility.  I really do.

I like the idea of trying and convicting terrorist conspirators or operatives and forcing them to face justice to show that even to those we despise the most, the system is fair and just.  Take that Major Hasan as an example.  He shoots up and army base, gets shot himself by an officer of the law, WE GIVE HIM MEDICAL TREATMENT AND KEEP HIM ALIVE, just so that we can bring him to trial and make him stand and take responsibility for his crimes.

 

If that’s not a fair system, I don’t know what is.

 

But I’m still not sure that closing Guantanamo Bay AND bringing those detainees to the US to stand trial in a civilian court is the best way to go about that plan.  I’m just not sure, yet.  I’m not sure what it is, but something’s just not settling well with me about this.

 

I think I’ll watch some of the senate hearings and Sunday talk circuit and see if any of those hacks can say something that will help me settle my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home