Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Day 9

Ok, Saturday I was supposed to run 12 miles... I ran 3.5. My legs were still dead from running earlier in the week, get off my back. I did run it faster than the last time I ran the same route, so it wasn't a total loss.

Today I'm scheduled for a rest day. I'll be doing that, no prob.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled for a full 6 and plan on hitting that.

There's a foot bridge part way down the route I run that has a road block over the entrance so you don't drive a car or bike over the bridge. On the side of the road block the word "numb" is spray painted. As I passed the sign I chuckled because at that point I was anything but "numb". My legs were acheing, by back was protesting, in general, I didn't want to be there. But then I thought of the kids I'm running for. They don't want to be in the situation they're in. Despite the fact that they don't know anything different--they've likely always lived in an abusive environment--they know something's wrong.
At some point, they just go numb and then we've lost them.
Child Advocates is fighting to get in before the kids hit that point and breath fresh energy into their lives. Help me support that cause. www.childadvocates.org
Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home