Thursday, November 11, 2004

Starry, starry night

Took in an evening run last night. 2 things I learned.
1. Use the bathroom before you run. Running's already uncomfortable enough as it is, you don't have to do stuff to make it more so. You may think it's great motivation to hurry up and finish, but it really isn't.
2. Darkness is great cover if you forgot to use the bathroom before you run.

Took in 3.5 miles again last night. 38:52 was the time. 2 minutes better than the last time I ran the same route. If I factor in the time required for a pit-stop the pace was probably right on the mark.
This time change makes it nearly impossible to get in a daylight run after work. The good part, though, is that it's almost always cooler at night. Around 7 or so it started getting cool so I had a good final mile or so.
This Sunday is a 25k tuneup run. I've been shamed into running it by one of the volunteers at Child Advocates... a tiny little wafish thing who has threatened to challenge my manhood if I skip the run. I can't back out of it. Stupid macho pride. Time limit on the run is 3:30:00. I should be able to make it. It'll be the longest run of my life by a long shot, but I really need to start working out longer runs, so I'm in.
No shamless appeal for money this time. But I need to mention the website, just for good measure www.childadvocates.org.
Tonight will likely be a 4.5 or 6.5 miler. Depends on how quickly I get out of the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home