Monday, October 25, 2004

Day 22

I didn't run Friday. I had every intention of running... and voting, too, by the way... but I didn't do either.
So, for the record, that's 6 miles I didn't run Friday leading into the 10 that I was supposed to run Saturday.
Saturday was my nephew's birthday party and I woke up with a killer pain in my back, so I talked myself out of running (wasn't hard) especially since I didn't run the day day before. I go to the party with the whole fam and receive, of course, a good dose of shame I ran that afternoon. (I guess that's what family's for... thanks, guys, and Jay, too).
So, I packed in another 3.5 miles... nothing amazing. What was good, though, is that I didn't walk a bit of it (first time). I made my best time ever. AND I didn't have the desire to puke once! I'm getting better at this running thing. I'm not loving it, yet. In fact, somewhere around mile 2 I always question why anyone would want to do this and dream of riding my bike again. But I'm not needing to puke and its getting a little easier!
I'm traveling today and tomorrow, so I may hit a treadmill tonight if the hotel has one and take tomorrow off, but this Saturday I'm running more than 5 miles. I'M GOING TO DO IT.... unless I wimp out again.

Check back Wednesday for another shameless plea for money for Child Advocates, my sponsored charity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home