Tuesday, August 23, 2005

8 miles, no sweat

Actually, there was a bunch of sweat.  Bunches and bunches.  But the 8 miles dropped behind me like nothing.  So, last week there was a 3 mile run, 800m swim, and 8 mile run.  The short run was in the evening, the long run was in the morning.  Maybe that's the difference between the short one being brutal and the long one being a piece of cake.
This week's schedule promises to be a little whacked out.  Real life is interfering with the make-believe world of running a marathon, so it might have to be a rest week.  I'm going to do a bit of swimming, and at least a short run.  Maybe I'll actually run a 5k race/fun run.  Depends on how the week shapes up from here on out.
 
Oh yea, I need to get a water belt.  8 miles is too far for me to make a camel-run (juice up before you go and take no water with you).  I can do it for 6, but 8 is just a step too far.  I will soon buy my first running toy!  Whee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home