Wednesday, August 24, 2005

GOOOAAALLLAAGOOLLLAAAGOOOLLLAAA!!!!!

That's right, I hit my weight target.  For one brief shining moment over the weekend I hit 199.5, but then I spent almost an entire afternoon at a pool and had to work out dehydration issues (by the way, don't spend an entire afternoon in a pool without drinking plenty of water, it's a very dumb thing to do).  Consequently, the weight shot back up with all the water I had to chug to get right again.  But this morning, BAM!  That's right, back down to where it should be.  That's 3.5# in 3 weeks since I signed up for the marathon, and a little over 10# since June.  If I drop another 2# or so this month I'll be satisfied.  The rest can come off as I start the real endurance training stuff.
Got a letter from a buddy in Iraq today.  He's done with his tour in about 4 months.  I don't think he'll make it back for the marathon, but if he does that'll be pretty cool.
Diet and training are, as expected, a little whack this week.  I'm not too motivated to do much of anything thanks to a little heavy-heartedness at home, but I'll at least try and hit it once this week, and certainly over the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home