Friday, August 12, 2005

WHEW!

Wow, yesterday's run was a bit harder than anticipated. It was about 1000 degrees and the humidity was somewhere near 150%. The good news is that last year at this time I hadn't really even begun to run... much less whip off 6 miles in an evening. The bad news is that I was just exhausted out there last night. About 1/2 way through lap 2 (4.5 miles or so) my legs got all rubbery and I was a bit light headed... but quitting is for girls, and I'm no girl (with 30+ females in the office, that should elicit at least 1 "ahem" visit or e-mail). Plus, my car was another 1.5 miles away, so I couldn't really quit.
So, the basic rule I took away from yesterday's run is this: if you go out and ride your bike for 13 miles, be sure to get a good night's sleep and a good breakfast before you go run 6 more miles the next evening.

About mile 5 the gatorade started to kick in and I was able to kick it back a notch and preserve my time--lap 1 was 0:33, lap 2 was 0:40, not bad for being wiped out. Not good, but not bad. I'm going to have to learn to pace myself much, much better.

Mad props to you, Carolyn. You're running strong and should be able to knock this marathon thing off with no problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home