Friday, September 09, 2005

BOO YAH!!

Last night I busted out 5.9 miles in 1:08.  Roughly a 11 minute pace, which I'm not too distressed about.  2 totally cool things about yesterday's run:
1.  It was a back-to-back run of 3 miles on Wednesday and 6 on Thursday.  That's probably my biggest 2 day total this season.
2.  My split time was something like 33 minutes.  That means the front 3 was roughly identical to the back 3 with no significant fade in performance. 
 
You know what they say, it's not the first mile that gets you, it's the last 25.2 that do you in.
 
So, today is a rest day.  My ankle hurt like crazy this morning.  The same ankle that I rolled on the first outing of the year.  3 hours after I woke up it's feeling better and there's almost no pain, but I'm going to rest it today so I can bust off the 3 miler in the Woodlands tomorrow.  If I cram in a second 3 mile run in the evening I'll be in striking distance of a 20 mile week.  Take that!
 
A quick observation before I go.  I ran along TC Jester and White Oak Bayou.  In the TC Jester park, there's one of those Frisbee Golf courses.  You know, the stupid little baskets that people chuck frisbees into and they think they're actually doing something athletic.  What's the deal with the "golf carts" these people drag around behind them?  I can fit a frisbee in a little grocery bag.  How many freakin' frisbees do you need to chuck into these stupid little baskets?  I couldn't help but shake my head as I RAN past some frisbee chucker who was lining up her shot, taking practice "swings", and then flinging her stupid dog toy somewhere not even close to the vicinity of the basket.
 
Just how much pot do you have to smoke for that to be a sport?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home