Monday, October 31, 2005

75

Just about 2.5 months to go.  Lets see, what did I do this weekend...
I stained a bookshelf (that I built with my own two hands)
Cooked some gumbo
vacuumed
went to dinner with friends
"quit" my Sunday school volunteer teaching gig to focus on a new teaching ministry...
Worked out a peace deal to end the 80 year long war between France and Spain.
Got a Sim married.
 
But no running.  Nope, none at all.  I'm not sorry about it, either.  My legs hurt again all weekend starting Friday evening.  That's pretty annoying, but not as bad as it was a few days back.  I opted to rest them over the weekend instead of aggravating any possible injury that might be brewing.  I'm really, really worried about an injury that may knock me out of cycling in the spring.
 
Speaking of cycling, contrats, Cassie, on deciding to ride the MS150.  Free advice--take the long route.  It's harder, but VERY rewarding.  They have people there to make sure you finish...  you won't be left on the side of the road.  Just save your energy for the park on day 2 if you feel gassed at all.  It is the centerpiece of the whole ride...  so...  very...  beautiful...  no words...  should...  have...  sent...  a poet.
 
This week's schedule: 
Monday-off
Tuesday AM/lunch--3 miles (fast)
Wednesday AM/Evening--6 miles
Thursday--Cross train (25 - 30 miles in the saddle)
Friday--Off
Saturday--10 miles (minimum...  I'm thinking 3 or 4 laps at Memorial, but I may just run White Oak)
Sunday--off.
 
That should do the trick for running.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vica said...

Resting is a good option, sometimes.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Tiggs said...

hey thanks :) I'm riding with some girls from work who have done it before so I guess I am doing whatever they are doing. How do I get the information on the training rides?

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home