Tuesday, October 25, 2005

81

HALF MARATHON BABY!!!!!
 
I ran from the house down White Oak to I-10.  According to my riding log, that's 13.62 miles.  A FULL ON HALF MARATHON, BABY!!!!  My dialup is too slow to check it out on the G-maps, but I went all the way down to I-10 rather than turning at the first light before I-10 like I usually do on the bike--don't want to fight that traffic, you know.
 
I'm gassed.  Totally wiped out.  It took me just under 3 hours to finish.  I'll have to improve that time a bit, especially since the last 6.5 was 30 minutes longer than the first 6.5.  At that rate I'll be running the marathon in DNF time, and I can't have that.
This is, though, the longest run I've done since the previous marathon when I completed 16.5 miles.  I'm basically starting my training from where I left off last year.  Time to kick it up a notch or two.
 
HALF MARATHON BABY!!!  Time to celebrate with pizza and beer.
Oh yea, and that World Series thing...   this is a pretty good day.
 
 
I haven't completed my blogroll recently.  I trust everybody (Jon, Cassie, Holden, Vic, Sarah, Jen, Jessica, Victoria, and anyone else I'm forgetting) is doing well.
 
Oh yea, did I mention I ran a half marathon today?
Hi, I'm Joe.  I ran a half marathon today and I'll be paying with debit.
Sure, I'll sign for the package...  and I ran a half marathon today.
Thanks, can I get my change in those cool gold Sack of juh-whatsit dollars?  And I ran a half marathon today.
 
On days like these it can get pretty annoying to talk to me.  Kind of like my 8:16 mile day.  Teehee.
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bezner said...

I heard you ran a half marathon today. Congrats!

8:29 PM  
Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

Why yes, yes I did. In fact, I went to Popeyes to have chicken, ordered a 3 piece meal for me and my wife, and told the lady I ran a 1/2 marathon. She looked at me like I was nuts. I didn't disagree with her.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Woodlands Runner said...

BTW, most non runners do not know the length of a half marathon. So you should really say, "Hi, meal number 1 please and by the way, I ran a half marathon today which is 13.1 miles." (Feel free to exchange it to "about 21K" should you find yourself outside the good ol' US of A!!)

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home