Wednesday, October 26, 2005

80

Just north of I-10 on TC Jester is a bridge over a railroad track and truck yard where some gravel is transferred from train to truck.  That bridge is about the same size as the bridge on Westpark around the midway point of the marathon.  To run my Half yesterday I had to cross this bridge not once, but twice right at the midway point.  I've been picturing the day that I'd finally cross that bridge since I began running.  I knew the route was 13 + miles, I knew that if I was going to run a half marathon distance in training I'd be crossing that bridge, and I knew it'd feel pretty damn good when I finally did it.  Sure enough, it felt pretty damn good.  I expect I'll run that route 1 more time before the big one in January.
 
I'm a little sore, a little sunburnt, but otherwise feeling fine.  I'm pretty mobile, nothing's seized up on me.  I did my morning stretches and that took care of most of the soreness.  But otherwise I feel just ducky.
Physically speaking yesterday there was bona-fide exhaustion going on.  Cardio-vascular wise, I was doing well.  I wasn't really breathing heavy, I wasn't really out of breath.  My heart wasn't really pounding beyond a comfortable level.  I was able to get fuel to the engines, but the engines just didn't have much life left in them.  That's ok, though.  I have 80 more days to work that out and get one step beyond the finish line in January.
 
Man, it feels good to finally get this behind me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home