Thursday, November 10, 2005

Finally... a run

Memorial Park, 3 miles,  29:18.13
 
Mile 1:  9:55
(Mile 1.5:  14:30, 29:00 pace)
Mile 2:  18:32 (8:37--Great second mile)
(Mile 2.75:  26:35...  yea, draggin' ass at that point)
Mile 3:  29:18 (10:46--Exhausted is a good word for it, but I kept on pace)
 
I slowed down intentionally on the first half mile after the mile marker, but I still wanted the second mile to be my best one today.  I succeeded with a damn good second half of mile 2, if I do say so myself.
I was flat out whipped on the last mile.  Usually I throw in a good, hard kick on the last quarter just to see how fast I can finish up, but it took everything I had just to keep going tonight.  I only paused for a few seconds around the halfway point for some water, but at the end I was damn worn out.
 
I'm going to go for a PR at the RTW Saturday.  Watch out, world, here I come...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Kick butt at RTW, Joe. What time are you shooting for?

9:51 PM  
Blogger Steve Bezner said...

So no nude running on Saturaday....

10:04 PM  
Blogger El Oso Furioso said...

Time goal: 27:30
I'm not sure exactly what my best 5k time from HS was, but I know it was somewhere in the high 27's.
I may not hit it, but I'm going to shoot for the PR.

Nude running on Sunday morning.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home